September 15-17, 2013
Call for Papers
BPS '13 is a biennial international symposium. Current topics of interest from the field of functional polymers, block copolymers, polymer colloids, intelligent polymer interfaces, polymer nanostructures, and polymer nanotechnology, are presented. Special sessions on "Electrospinning" will be included.
A primary objective of this meeting is to bring together people from different areas of polymer and materials science in order to discuss different aspects of fundamental and applied research. The symposium aspires to provide a platform for dialogue between researchers from universities, industry, and research institutions. We especially encourage young scientists to present their work.
The scientific program consists of
- plenary lectures on recent developments in polymer science,
- invited and
- submitted lectures and
- poster sessions. The posters will be presented by a two minute oral introduction.
The conference language of all contributions is English.
The conference will start on Sunday, Sept. 15, in late afternoon with two plenary lectures.
Afterwards our legendary get-together "BPS" (beer, pretzel, sausage) will end the first day.
On Monday evening there will be a concert for regular participants.
BPS '13 will conclude on Tuesday evening with the conference dinner.
Call for Papers
All colleagues are cordially invited to submit a contribution. First, click on 'Registration' and register. You will receive a login name and password by e-mail. Then you can use 'LOGIN' to access your account and submit one or more oral or poster contributions.
Please, submit now a full pdf abstract for each contribution using your login. Contributions without a pdf-abstract will not be considered.
Contribution & Abstract Deadline: June 15, 2013.
Authors will be informed about the acceptance of their contribution after July 1, 2013. In the case you want to cancel your conference registration, please send an e-mail to
For each contribution an one page abstract for the Abstract Book (included in the fee) must be submitted (poster and/or talk) until June 15, 2013. Please, use this MS Word Template for your abstract: BPS 2013 Abstract Template. Then convert your abstract into a pdf and upload this pdf. Only PDF-files submitted online are accepted. Thus, don't send any MS Word, Latex or other text files, or fax your abstract. Submit your pdf-abstract after you logged in, then by clicking 'talks and posters', you will see your contribution(s). Select the one you want by clicking 'edit', and hit the button 'Select file', select your abstract pdf-file and click 'submit' to finally upload the pdf.
BPS '13 is organized jointly by members of the University of Bayreuth:
- Prof. Seema Agarwal
- Prof. Andreas Greiner
- Prof. Hans-Werner Schmidt
- Prof. Peter Strohriegl
- Prof. Mukundan Thelakkat
- Prof. Andreas Fery
- Prof. Stefan Förster
- Prof. Matthias Karg
- Prof. Georg Papastavrou
- Prof. Markus Retsch
- Prof. Volker Altstädt
Confirmed Invited Speakers:
- Susanta Banerjee, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Frank S. Bates, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- S. Chirachanchai, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Charles C. Han, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- Haoqing Hou, Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, China
- Jian Ji, Zhejiang University, China
- Kurt Kremer, MPI for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany
- Eugenia Kumacheva, University of Toronto, Canada
- Andreas Lendlein, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany
- Martin Möller, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Seeram Ramakrishna, National University of Singapore
- Andre R. Studart, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Jörg Tiller, Universität of Dortmund, Germany
- Vladimir Tsukruk, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
- Alexander Yarin, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Eyal Zussman, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel